HARRISBURG AMERICAN LEGION AUXILIARY UNIT #523
In the spirit of service, not self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad.
For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace and security.
- A woman who is eligible for membership in The American Legion.
- The mother, wife, daughter, sister, granddaughter, great-granddaughter or grandmother of members of The American Legion and deceased veterans who served in the United States Armed Forces during the listed war periods. Step-relatives are also eligible.
- April 6, 1917 - November 11, 1918 (World War I)
- December 7, 1941 - August 15, 1945 Merchant Marines (only eligibility)
- December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946 (World War II)
- June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955 (Korean War)
- February 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
- August 24, 1982 - July 31, 1984 (Grenada/Lebanon)
- December 20, 1989 - January 31, 1990 (Panama)
- August 2, 1990 to cessation of hostilities (Persian Gulf)